Cedar County has received notification of three additional residents who have tested positive for COVID-19, bringing the total number of confirmed cases to four.
A case of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) has been confirmed in Cedar County. According to the Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH), the individual is in isolation. Full Press Release in our "Guidance" tab.
We expect that Cedar County Residents are going to have contact with confirmed Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) cases in the coming days and weeks. With the expectation that this will occur, we recommend the following:
· Continue to make prevention a priority by washing your hands often, staying home if you are sick, cleaning frequently touched surfaces, avoiding touching your eyes, nose or mouth and putting distance between yourself and others.
· Monitor yourself for symptoms of COVID-19, which include: fever, cough and shortness of breath. These symptoms typically appear 2-14 days after exposure.
· If you develop the above symptoms, please stay home and isolate yourself from others in your home and in the community until:
o You have had no fever for at least 72 hours (This means 3 full days of no fever without the use of medicine to reduce your temperature), AND…
o Other symptoms such as cough and shortness of breath have improved AND…
o At least 7 days have passed since your symptoms first appeared.
· If you live with someone who has symptoms of COVID-19 or has tested positive for COVID-19, please isolate yourself for 14 days.
· If you are feeling mildly ill, please stay at home, drink fluids, rest, wash hands, cover cough and stay away from others.
· If your symptoms worsen and you feel the need to see a medical provider, please call them first to determine the treatment plan and visit method that are best for you.
For the most current information on COVID-19, please visit: https://idph.iowa.gov/Emerging-Health-Issues/Novel-Coronavirusor https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Centers for Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
World Health Organization:
Iowa Department of Public Health https://idph.iowa.gov/Emerging-Health-Issues/Novel-Coronavirus
Iowa Department of Homeland Security and Emergency Management: https://www.homelandsecurity.iowa.gov/index.html
Office of the Governor of Iowa: https://governor.iowa.gov/
Iowa Workforce Development
Cedar County Public Health: https://cedarcounty.org/offices/publichealth/index.htm
Cedar County Emergency Management:
Cedar County: https://cedarcounty.org/
The Cedar County Courthouse is closed to the public until further notice. Some departments are open, please see the attached press release for details.
CCEDCO in partnership with Iowa Economic Development Authority (IEDA) we need to assess the impact of the pandemic in Iowa. To assist in these efforts, please complete this survey (Link), developed by University of Northern Iowa – Institute for Decision Making, to tell us what your business is experiencing and how your business is handling the current crisis.
Please forward this link to businesses/attractions/organizations within your membership or communities.
IEDA will use the information collected in this survey to inform its public policy in response to the crisis, as well as potential assistance to businesses. The deadline to complete this survey is Monday, March 23 at 5 p.m.