After several weeks of limiting public access due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Cedar County Courthouse will reopen to the public access on June 8, 2020.
The Courthouse will return to its regular access hours of 8:00am – 4:00pm, Monday through Friday, on that date.
Prior to traveling to the Courthouse to conduct business, members of the public need to be aware of several operational and policy changes for all individuals entering the building.
· If you have experienced coronavirus symptoms of fever, shortness of breath, cough, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat or new loss of taste or smell within the past 10 days, please postpone your visit to the Courthouse.
· If you are mildly ill, or caring for someone who is ill, please postpone your visit to the Courthouse.
· If you have had contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, or traveled outside of the United States within the past 14 days, please postpone your visit to the Courthouse.
· All individuals entering the Courthouse will be subject to a temperature screening with a no contact thermometer. If your temperature reading is 100.0° or higher, access to the Courthouse will be denied.
· Facemasks are not required to enter the Courthouse, but the use of such masks is encouraged for the protection of others.
· Social distancing practices must be maintained while visiting the Courthouse.
· It is requested that only one person per transaction enter the Courthouse. Any additional individuals (including children) are requested to remain outside while Courthouse business is transacted.
· All persons entering the Courthouse will be asked to provide their name and the office with which they will be conducting business.
· If you visit the Courthouse, and subsequently (within 10 days) test positive for COVID-19, you are asked to call Cedar County Public Health at 563-886-2226.
· Some services may not be available due to Federal or State limitations. To verify that a specific service is available, it is advised to call the particular office that you wish to visit prior to traveling to the Courthouse.
Case Management/Community Services 563-886-1726
Environmental Health and Zoning 563-886-2248
Public Health 563-886-2226
Veteran’s Affairs 563-886-2170
Meetings of the Cedar County Board of Supervisors will again be available for public attendance starting with the meeting at 8:30am on June 9th. Social distancing measures will be observed.
Driver’s License services will be open 8:30am – 3:30pm, Monday through Thursday by appointment only. No drive tests will be available at this time. All other services at the Treasurer’s Offices are available by appointment only. Appointments can be made by calling the Treasurer’s office at 563-886-2557.
Please note that Courthouse capacity may be subject to a limited number of individuals to comply with all proclamation orders from Governor of Iowa. If this limitation is enacted, residents will be notified through postings on the Cedar County website (www.cedarcounty.org), the Cedar County COVID-19 newsletter (available at most post offices, gas stations and grocery stores within the County) and on the Cedar County COVID-19 Response website (www.cedarcountycovid19.org).
Cedar County COVID-19 Response
400 Cedar Street Tipton, IA 52772 US
Copyright © 2020 Cedar County Emergency Management - All Rights Reserved.
An inclusion or link on this page does not mean that Cedar County, Cedar County Public Health or Cedar County Emergency Management sponsors, supports or endorses a particular product or vendor. All links and other data are provided on an informational basis.